Protecting your customers and demonstrating your commitment to a quality and consistent approach goes hand in hand with building quality New Homes, which is why the Consumer Code for New Homes offers a range of benefits to Registered Developers:
- Selling point to your customers: since you are a member of an experienced, industry-led, consumer-focused Code for selling New Homes which demonstrates a consistent and high-quality approach.
- CML Compliant: your New Homes can be sold with mortgages since the approach of the Consumer Code for New Homes is approved by major high street lenders.
- CTSI Approved Code: The Consumer Code for New Homes has been approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute under the Approved Codes Scheme.
- Independent Dispute Resolution: you and your customers have access to a completely Independent Dispute Resolution Scheme which provides a fast, effective, and free* solution to helping you resolve disputes if you need it. * The IDRS is free for consumers.
- Pragmatic and consistent approach: to consumer protection with extensive experience in the New Home construction market.
- Assured Advice from Trading Standards: The Code has a Primary Authority Partnership with Kent Trading Standards. As a member of the Code, you will have access to standard template documents and assured advice.
- Help & Support: Access to support and guidance from our knowledgeable team, as well as a range of useful tools and information via our Member Portal.
Update to the Code!
The Code has recently launched Version 5 which is effective for all reservations from 1 January 2024. Make sure you understand what changes have been made and what you will need to do to comply with the new version of the Code.
Downloads for Developers
Version 5 – Applies to all reservations from 1st January 2024
Version 4 – Applies to all reservations up to and including 31st December 2023
How to become a Registered Member
To become a Registered Member of the Consumer Code for New Homes you also need to be registered and working with one of our Structural Warranty Bodies.
If you want to chat through any aspect of becoming a Registered Member with us first, please don’t hesitate to contact us.