Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
CCNH may change this policy from time to time by up-dating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 14 June 2016.
- “we”, “us” or “our” are to Consumer Code for New Homes Limited (registered in England number: 992 4709) whose registered address is at 11 Milbanke Court, Milbanke Way, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1RP, United Kingdom.
- “the Website” are to consumercodefornewhomes.com and any other website owned or operated by us.
- Information we collect
The information which we collect may include
- Any personal details about you as an individual which you provide to us through forms on the website and e-mails exchanged with us or any of its personnel, such as your name, address, telephone number, job title etc.
- Your preferences and use of e-mail updates, as recorded by emails that we send you (if you elect to receive e-mail updates on our products and offers).
- Any telephone call to our Customer Service Team may be recorded and may be monitored.
- Your IP Address, a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component of the website. This information may be used to monitor your usage of the website.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Use of your information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Any information about you as an individual which we collect from the website will be used in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
- The information will be used to deal with you and / or your company, including making sales to you or your company, making contracts with you or your company, processing such contracts, and providing after sales service. We may pass your information to our Code Users as identified here: www.consumercodefornewhomes.com/code-users.
- In certain cases we may use your e-mail address to send you information about our products and services. If so you will be offered the option to opt out of receiving such e-mails.
- We may need to pass your personal information to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the website and issuing our e-mails. Third parties are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes. For these purposes your details may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and you consent to such transfer by using the website.
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, in which event we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- We will not sell or pass on your personal information to any other person, except a company within our group or in accordance with the point above, or if we are required or permitted to do so by law.
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal information for authorisation with an entity outside the EEA. Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
- How we will not use your information
We will never sell, share or rent your personal information to any third party without your express permission, other than the third party suppliers of services already identified above.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet including e-mails are not completely secure. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss or data that is beyond our control. However, once we have received your information, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share your password with anyone.
When handling payments, we will capture your payment details, such as credit or debit card de-tails, over a secure link using recognised industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts the data whilst passing it over the internet and which is indicated on most browsers by a padlock in the status bar.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual and helps us log information and details of visitor patterns. Analysis of this information helps us improve our website and deliver a better service by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
We collect this information in a way which does not gather personal identity information about you. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
For an explanation of cookies see: www.allaboutcookies.org
If you have any questions regarding cookie use, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
- Other Websites
- Controlling your Personal Information
We may use your information to provide you by email with information on products and services that may be of interest to you.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing in this way and you change your mind, please confirm your wish to be removed from our mailing list by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Data Protection Act
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email email@example.com.
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.